U - Understand the Kingdom of Heaven

Praise the Lord! This is an exciting time in the Lord! I continue this series on O.C.C.U.P.Y. Until He Comes with our mantra for the year: Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven. On March 3, 2011 I did a teaching on this subject, but today I am going to go a little further in order to emphasize the pragmatics of this topic.

As I have said before, to understand in terms of biblical concepts means to submit to God's point of view on the matter. Prior to salvation, this was a foreign idea because the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God. However, if any man be in Christ He is new and can receive understanding from the Father. Proverbs 2:6 says, "For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding." This is good news because now if there is anything that we do not understand about the Kingdom, we can ask the Lord and He will give us the revelation (James 1:5).

With that in mind, what area of your life are lacking understanding in? Is it your marriage, money or ministry? Perhaps it is your children, your attitude or your purpose in life. No matter what it is, you first have to ask yourself, "Self, have I submitted to God's point of view in this area of my life? Do I see it as He sees it? This is the starting point for seeing it as God sees it, for if you don't see it as God sees it, you won't see it as God sees it. Make sense?

Let me put it to you this way. I have been married now to the greatest gift God has given me (aside from salvation and His Spirit) for almost 19 years and we have two wonderful born-again children. One of the declarations that we have spoken over our family is, "The Poole household is blessed, prosperous, happy and to be envied because we fear the Lord and delight greatly in His commands." Hear in lies the success of our family, we fear the Lord and delight greatly in His commands.

The fear of the Lord has caused us to see things as God sees them in our family. My husband is commanded to love me. I am commanded to submit to him. The children are commanded to obey us as their parents. If they do not obey, they are subject to the rod which has taught them obedience through that which the have suffered. Because we, the Poole's fear God, we obey Him by processing everything in our lives through the Word of God. Whatever the Word tells us to do concerning our lives we do it.

I have given you my family life as a point of reference, but through the years, I have trained myself to process every area of my life through the Word of God. The result is the fruit that God has given me an understanding of how to operate in the kingdom of heaven.

The simplicity of this message is this, if you love God then obey. Obedience is the fruit of a mature believer. It displays that you do understand, and from your understanding you produce the fruit of a scribe. You have learned the sacred scriptures, accepted the instructions and are of such character that you give out of your life experience the life you have experienced in Christ.

Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven,


Pastor Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It