No Exemptions

A.I.D.S (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is such a deadly disease because it attacks the immune system. It leaves the body defenseless against minor ailments such as a common cold. So, if someone with A.I.D.S. gets a cold, it could turn into pneumonia and lead to death. This is no cure for this malady. It can only be treated, but will still lead to the individual’s death.
 
Another chronic illness that afflicts the human body that has no cure is diabetes. However, a diabetic can live a healthy lifestyle by taking insulin, maintaining a healthy diet and exercise. Insulin and proper diet are beneficial, but I have seen many who don’t follow these simple instructions. Diabetics who disregard these basic tools for living end up losing limbs or worse yet dying. There are no exemptions.
 
Sin in the life of a believer is likened unto the two diseases. There is no cure. It can be controlled, BUT if a believer does not put into practice a daily discipline of the word; he or she will suffer the consequences. No one is exempt.
 
Paul told the Church of Rome in Romans 8:13, “If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. An Old Testament counterpart to this verse can be found in Moses farewell address to the Israelites in Deuteronomy 30:19.
 
He told the children of Israel, “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both thou and thy seed may live.”
 
The essence of these verses lies in our choices. If we make godly choices, we will reap the blessings. If we make fleshy choices, we will reap death. There is no way around this pungent truth. Therefore instead of looking for an exemption for the flesh today, choose life that you and your children may live!

Comments

  1. Wow Pastor this is so awesome! This takes the whole idea of 'vaccination' to a whole new level...I had a little word study on 'immune, vaccine, mortify, and inoculaton' and wow the things that was discovered. God is so awesome how He finds so many ways to minister His word to us...I'm just grateful that His Word is being administered to me daily...so that my 'immune system' in Him is strong and fighting against the disease of sin. I'm grateful for such awesome pastors who are faithful in applying that balm (the Word)to my soul! Peace and blessings and keep that wisdom flowing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! The word is the "vaccine" that keeps our spiritual immune system strong. When we receive the engrafted word, it is the avenue by which the soul is saved. I thank God for my daily dose in the Word! Helps me not to let my soul glow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It