S - Stand

Good morning! Today I will finish my teaching on FOCUS. I know you have been blessed as I have. The Lord continues to minister to my heart to fix my eyes on Him, that I have the faith to overcome the obstacles, He delights in communing with me and as I commune with Him, He gives me the ability to understand what His will is for my life. I do believe that if you meditate what I have shared with you, God will strengthen your heart as you stay focused too.

The final point in this teaching is Stand. Ephesians 6:13 declares, "Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." This a powerful verse of scripture that gives a command. If we heed the command, we are guaranteed victory.

I must admit, sometimes it is hard to stand. We are living in the last and evil days. People are sick, suffering and surrounded by seemingly hopeless situations. I am in that number too as we have a dear member in our church who has been sick for the past five months. Looking at the severity of her sickness, I found my heart fainting.

Oh, but God! He said after you have done all you know to do STAND and that is just what I did! Back in July we came across another dear saint who was ill and from seeing her God spoke to my heart. He said, "Don't be moved by what you see. Allow what you see to move you to pray." Well glory! I received the Word of the Lord which translates STAND!

No matter what you see, STAND! No matter what you hear, STAND! No matter how you feel, STAND! Stand on what? Stand on the Word of God! Purpose to not be moved by what you see, feel or hear. Only be moved by the Word of God. Allow the Word of God to move you to pray and SPEAK THE WORD ONLY!

By doing this, we follow the command spoken in James 4:7, "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." As believers when we speak the Word only in the midst of adverse circumstances we are submitting to God. The devil can't stand this and it puts him to flight.

So, today is your day to STAND! God has promised the victory. All you have to do is show up and STAND! God is among those who are for you and not against you. If He said, "Stand," then stand and watch and see Him give you the victory!

That's all for today. I love you. God bless you and stay tuned tomorrow for the prayer on FOCUS.

Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven in 2011,

Pastor Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It