Prayer on FOCUS

I am so grateful to the Lord today that He has allowed us to partner with Him in prayer! What an awesome thing for God to choose to use us when He doesn't need us. It's like the child who helps his father build a tree house. When the project is complete, the young boy grins from ear to ear marveling at the finished product. He then looks up at his dad and says, "Look at this awesome tree house that we built." The father is just as proud to have had his son help him build the tree house. Even though he knows that all his son did throughout the entire project was hand him the nails.

That's how our prayers are with God. He doesn't need us, but has chosen to use us. The incredible thing about this whole partnership is that this is the way that He gets things done on the earth; us and Him. Glory.

I said all that to say that we should always pray about everything. In our praying, we should be specific, using specific Scriptures from the Bible to make our prayers. God is not watching over our complaining and whining, but He is watching over His Word to perform it. Therefore, today, I am giving you a prayer I wrote for FOCUS to help you to focus. You can also pray this prayer for anyone else who may need some focus in their lives. Whatever the case, you can be confident that God will hear and answer as you have prayed according to the Word of God.

I challenge you to write out your own prayers and watch God move on your behalf as you direct your prayers to Him. This will increase your faith as you find out for yourself that God is truthful to His Word and faithful to perform it because of your prayers.

Here is the prayer on FOCUS.

Praise the Lord! This is the day that You have made oh God and I will rejoice and be glad in it. You are a great God and Your mercy is from everlasting to everlasting. Your faithfulness endures to all generations.

You said in Your Word that everything has a season and to everything under the sun you have given a purpose. So I thank you for your purpose being filled out in my life. I pray that you would give to me a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you; the eyes of my understanding being enlightened that I may know what is the hope of Your calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. Once my eyes are enlightened Father, I pray for the ability to focus on that which  you have enlightened me to.

I pray that I would daily fix my eyes on Jesus who is the author and finisher of my faith. I pray that I would look to Jesus to have my faith and hope strengthened. In order to do that I pray that I would first get rid of the weight of sin that so easily besets and press toward the goal. You showed me in your Word that Christ has already run the race. He is the perfect ensample and example. He is the Author and Finisher, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End. Hallelujah! He will perfect that which concerns me. Jesus for the joy set before Him endured. His goal was to present the church before the Father. He had a goal before Him. I pray that you would give me kingdom goals and the plans to accomplish them. As I carry out your kingdom plans I pray that I would always consider Jesus and fix my mind on Him. I take my eyes off of self, others and circumstances. I fix my eyes on Christ alone.

I decree and declare that I shall overcome the obstacles. You said in 1 John 5:4, "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that  overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he  that  overcometh the world, but he  that  believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" So according to this scripture Father, I shall, by the power of your Holy Spirit because I am born of you above all and in every circumstance, overcome the world by faith. I will not to love, belong or yield to the world. I am an overcomer, overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil by faith in the Word of God. I am an overcomer! I am more than an conquerors and therefore more than able to overcome!

Oh God, in the name of Jesus, I pray that as I endeavor to focus on you I would communicate with you daily in prayer. You said in your word that men ought to always pray and not faint. You said in your word that this is the confidence that we have before you when we pray that if we pray according to  your will you hear us and since you hear us we have the petitions that we have asked of you. Therefore I purpose to come boldly before the throne of grace to receive mercy and grace to help in time of need. I will not be anxious and lose focus. But in all things with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I will make our requests known to you. In other words I will worry about nothing and pray about everything because worry causes me to lose focus.

Father, you are the One who causes all things to happen in their "seasons" and gives everything a "purpose." Help me to understand whatever season I am in in life. It is evident from the examination of your character that you are all-knowing. You know the end of everything, and all that is done is controlled by your providential hand. All the events of history have been fitted into Your timetable. So I ask in the name of Jesus that you would enlighten my heart and mind and help me to focus on your sovereign perspective. I can rest with peace and joy in my heart, knowing that you are in control of everything.

Finally Father, I purpose in my heart to day to stand on your Word. I realize recognize and know that you bring dead things to life and create new things out of nothing. Therefore, I will not be moved by what I see, feel or hear. I will only be moved by your Word, for I am fully convinced that you are more than able to do whatever you have promised according to your Word. When the storms of life come, quicken my spirit to speak the Word only. I will stand on your Word at all costs, and when I have done all that I can do, I will stand.

You said in your Word, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Therefore I take authority over the enemy who would try to trick me and cause me to lose focus. I expose your plot, ploy and plan to distract me and command you to cease and desist in my affairs. The blood of Jesus is against you and my heart is fixed and steadfast, always trusting in the Lord.

Now I thank you and praise you in advance for accomplishing your Kingdom purposes as result of being focused. You are a great God and I am fully persuaded that you will perfect that which concerns me. I rejoice in you the God of my salvation! I have a great expectation in You! In Jesus name, Amen!

God bless and have a wonderful day!

Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven in 2011,

Pastor Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It