Wait On The Lord

Praise the Lord! This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

It's been a while since I have last posted anything, but God has been speaking and stirring in my heart. I have such an expectation in these last few weeks of 2012 and I shall wait with an anticipation that God will show Himself strong on our behalf.

I shall wait. You should wait. We all should wait, but sometimes waiting is difficult for even the strongest Christian especially when expecting and anticipating a move from God. I remember being pregnant with our son Joshua. The doctor said that his due date was August 14, 1993. I was so delighted and excited, until August 14th came and went and I was still pregnant. Well, the good thing is that we all know that no woman is pregnant forever (This truth was no where near my thought process). He came when God said on September 2, 1993.

Then there was the waiting for my book Words of Encouragement to be released. It seemed like forever and the release date kept changing. I wasn't having flash backs to when Joshua was born either to help with the waiting. I was ready to have the book in hand! One day, I was praying asking the Lord about the release date of the book and Robert came in the room. I didn't know that he had come in, but he overheard me praying and said, "Sweet, books are like babies. Their due date is subject to change." The profundity of this statement brought me to tears as a great wave of peace flooded my soul.

So what does the Word say about waiting? It has much to say, but one particular passage stands out in Isaiah 40:28-31: "Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

God never gets weary or tired, but He knows that in our humanity causes us to fall prey to weariness and fatigue. However, He gives us the remedy. If we wait on Him, according to Him, He will renew our strength. This is good news and lets me know that waiting is a good thing. Our flesh does not like to wait, but if we train it in this precious spiritual commodity, our lives will be the better for it.

Waiting on God is not a difficult truth to grasp. It simply means to stop, be still, be silent and focus in on Him. If you would train your soul in this truth it will teach you to trust Him instead of going your own way and making your own bread; and we all know where that leads.

So today, meditate on this final passage found in Psalm 27:13-14 "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Don't give up and lose heart. You shall see the goodness of the Lord your God on this side of glory! Heed the command. Wait on the Lord! He promised that He will strengthen your heart!

Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven in 2011,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It