Yes You Can!


As I sit here on a beautiful beach in Hawaii, my heart swells at the grandeur and beauty of God. Only God could paint this beauty on the canvas of earth for us to enjoy! I am truly grateful to be here to see the Lord's handiwork.

We are also the Lord's handiwork created by Him for good works which He has already prepared beforehand (Ephesians 2:10). Since we are created by Him, like Him and for Him, what is it that we cannot do in Him? We live in such a negative culture that says, "I can't," to the smallest thing. As believers, we must rise above the common fray of the world's negativity and declare, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

This short little verse packs a punch and I am challenging you to bring it into the everyday reality of your life. For example, it has been proven that if a person walks for thirty minutes a day five days a week will improve the overall health of that individual. Some of you reading this may say before even thinking, I can't do that. I don't have time. I don't like to walk. Well, if that is you, I ask, why can't you do it? You might not know why you feel you can't, but truth be told, the reason why YOU can't is because you SAID you can't.

I'm here to tell you that you can walk thirty minutes a day five days a week because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! There is nothing you can't do with God's strength infused in you by His Holy Spirit! Think about that verse. If it says you can do ALL things through Christ then it means you can do ALL things through Christ! However, you must take this theology from the recesses of your mind and bring it into the reality of your life and get to walking or doing whatever else that you have said that you can't.

It is in your DNA to do it, and now, there is nothing to it but to do it! I am excited because I am about to live this truth out in my life today and swim across a lagoon. We met some people here who do it regularly and we were inspired to give it a try. When I came out to the beach today with my sister, I told her that the only thing that would prevent us from doing it would be not having a swim cap. Well, the guy who is swimming right now as I write, gave both of swim caps! Excuse is eliminated! Lagoon swim here we come!

As he was going for his swim, the last thing he said was, "The time to do it is now." I could have turned a cartwheel in the sand at his words! The time is now to do the thing that you have been saying that you can't do! Don't say that you can't because you can. You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you.

So what are you waiting for? Start walking, running, writing, sewing, drinking water, making music, living right or any other thing that you may feel you can't. I am here to tell you there is nothing that you cannot do in God! Yes you can do ALL things through Christ. The time is now to employ your faith. There is nothing left now but to do it, and when you do, don't forget to give God the glory for He is the one who gave you the strength to do it!

Well, until next time. I'm off to prepare to swim the lagoon! Whoo hoooo!

Love, peace and blessings,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

  1. Amen and Amen again Woman of God. Thank you for this word. I receive the message, "The time to do is now..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It