From My Heart to Yours - Celebrating 25 Years of Service to the King

Today my heart is overwhelmed as it is my 25th spiritual birthday. As I have gone throughout the day talking with some friends and family about this special day, the tears force themselves to the edge of my heart for the gratitude toward the Lord for what He has done in my life.

I have been sharing with you a series of teachings on Consider the Consequences, but today I want to interject these jewels from the Word that the Lord has ministered to my heart throughout the day. With each scripture, I have given a short yet simple insight for you to treasure in your heart.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

As believers, we MUST learn to discern. This is critical as we deal with life.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.

God wants us to grow up! The Kingdom functions at peak performance when believers walk in divine maturity. Purpose not to be a kid all your life. Grow up in all aspects of Him.

Ephesians 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Everything we receive from God comes by way of revelation. It's the revelation that makes the difference.

Matthew 7:12 (GW) "Always do for other people everything you want them to do for you. That is the meaning of Moses 'Teachings and the Prophets.

Treat others how you want to be treated in everything. This is a simple, yet profound truth that if adhered to would revolutionize your life.

Let me leave you with this final gem. It is a truth the Lord taught me a few months ago and reminds me of it through this phrase, "Remember Macaroni Grill." That phrase is a trigger for me to not go about in life trying to resurrect dead relationships. Some relationships become covenant relationships that last a life time. However, there are some, no matter how sweet they are at the time come, to pass. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:" This also includes relationships. Therefore when a season passes for a relationship, i.e. childhood, high school, college, etc., let it go! Don't pursue them. Don't fall into the trap of connecting for the sake of Facebook. Pursue God and let Him determine who He wants in your life, no matter what season you are in.

Well glory! I trust you have been blessed today's blog. This is a great day for me as I celebrate 25 years of service to the King. Thanks for following my blog and I trust that my life has caused you in some way, to want more of Him. I love you. God bless you and remember, It's All About Him!

The Kingdom Prevails in 2012,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It