Love Fulfills Christ's Instruction

I read Our Daily Bread today. It's title was Hatred is Self-Destructive. The author quoted George Washington Caver who said, "Hate within will eventually destroy the hater." The author ended the devotional with these words, "Hatred promotes self-destruction;love fulfills Christ’s instruction."

The text used for the devotional was Esther 7:1-10 where the passage talks about Haman's plot to hang Mordecai and destroy the Jewd backfired and he ended up on the gallows being hung instead. The other verse referenced was Romans 12:17 which says, "Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men."

Both of these verses really spoke to my heart as I thought of times when someone hurt me and God reminded me that He is my vindicator. Also, any time when the hurt deeply, the Holy Spirit always reminds me by saying, "Hey little girl. I forgave you, so you can forgive." When I hear that, my heart immediately softens and I thank the Lord for giving me an opportunity to walk in love and forgiveness.

I'm grateful for the grace He has given me to walk out this revelation. It is not easy to love when deeply hurt, and our natural sinful proclivity is to hold on to the hurt until it turns to hatred. My prayer today is that for any who are challenged with letting go of offenses that lead to hatred, will remember the words that spoke to me today, "Hatred promotes self-destruction; love fulfills Christ's instruction."

I love you. God bless you and remember, the Kingdom Shall Prevail in 2012.


Prevailing in Him,


Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It