Grow In Grace And Knowledge

Praise the Lord! Last Sunday, Dr. Poole preached a message entitled, And The Child Grew. Ever since I heard that word, the Holy Spirit has been prompting my heart. He did this from His initial pricking of my heart from the end of the message. He said, if you are the same place that you were last year, then you have not grown. If you have not grown you are in sin. What? I'm in sin if I am not growing? Why? Because in 2 Peter 3:18 Peter said, "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." When he said, "but grow," this was a command and and not a suggestion. God is therefore commanding us as believers to grow up in all aspects of Him, and if we are not growing, it is a sin.

Okay, so, he preached that message last Sunday and the Lord has been bringing it before me ever since. In response to His leading, I quit going to Facebook on my free time. I downloaded a couple new books and began to read, as well as purposing to read the devotional that comes to my email before I go to bed. I'm excited about growing!

One of the books that I downloaded was The Strategy of Satan by Warren Weirsbe. It confirmed the Lord dealing with me about my spiritual growth. He stated these four things that a believer must do concerning the Word of God. A believer must, know God's Word, memorize God's Word, meditate on God's Word, and use God's Word.

Yesterday I was reading about memorizing God's Word. Again, the Holy Spirit pricked my heart. Though I have memorized several passages of scripture, I haven't memorized any in a while. Wiersbe mentioned a systematic memorization program to aid in scripture memory. I googled it and came up with several resources, including apps that will help me along the way.

Today I began my journey and I am excited about what the Lord is doing in my life. I encourage you to strengthen your spiritual life by doing what you need to do to grow. It is important to learn and live this Word in order to grow in grace and knowledge. Remember, Jesus grew. He is our ensample and example. Therefore, that let's us know that God wants us to grow too.

The Kingdom will not prevail with babies. So do what you need to do to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you purpose to do what you need to grow, your life will never be the same.

Prevailing In Him,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Consider the Consequences

Expect God To Do It