Powerful Yet Personal

Praise the Lord for He is good and His mercy endures forever. Great is His faithfulness!

I read something in a poem today that nearly put me on tilt! It was a short poem, but this one line did it for me. "You're powerful; yet personal." Those four words set my heart ablaze, making my heart burn for more of Him. The Almighty God, creator of heaven and earth knows my name and is intimately aware of and concerned about me! That is how that statement translates for you and me.

This profound statement has to be translated and broken down into layman's terms because our natural proclivity is to just see this as a religious statement. When it is seen as a statement, and not see it through the lens of life, it causes problems with how we view God. In other words, it makes God seem obscure, out of reach and out of touch. If we as believers only see Him as the Big Guy in the Sky or the Great God Somewhere Out There, we will never experience Him as our loving, caring, sharing, heavenly Father. He is the Great God who created the universe, yes, BUT He is intimately concerned about our every day lives.

Read Psalm 145 and particularly pay attention to verses 3 and 18. Meditate on them throughout the day and let it saturate your heart. Prayerfully you will discover His power and His person, and know, by way of revelation, that He loves you and cares about you.

Prevailing In Him,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

  1. Amen! It often baffles me how God created the universe, but is also concerned with every detail of my life! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It