Persist In Resisting

Praise the Lord, 2012 has been an incredible year! Our mantra, The Kingdom Prevails has been the impetus to walking in victory, in spite of what life presents. Many have experienced death, prolonged illness, loss of jobs and homes, nevertheless with the word of the Lord burning like an eternal flame in their spirit man, these men and women of God pressed forward, knowing that the Kingdom Shall Prevail.

How are these people doing this? How am I doing this? Why aren't some prevailing. These are simple questions with simple answers that I am going to share with you from my personal experience. I know this is going to help you! You will be blessed.

While attending a ministry conference, I was afflicted with a migraine which caused me to cry out to God for answers. At the second evening service I attended, it was really a press because of the pain I was in. God spoke to me at the height of my pain, this quote by William Barclay. "Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory." How do I turn a migraine into glory? I'm not sure, but I held His answer in my heart.

Then He spoke to me again the next day in answer to my question, "How do I turn a migraine into glory?" He said, as you apply the Word to your life and use the situation as an opportunity for learning and teaching, this affliction will be turned into glory. I said, "Ok Lord," and He began to minister to me further.

God told me to persist in resisting, for if you persist, nothing will be withheld from you. Look at these verses. Matthew 24:13 But he  that  shall  endure unto the end, the  same shall be saved. Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end; Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them  who  draw  back unto perdition; but of them  that  believe to  the  saving of the soul. I was encouraged by what the Lord spoke through His Word, and before the next evening service the migraine lifted.

What these verses taught me was that, I must persist in resisting against migraines and anything else for that matter. As some of you may know, migraines don't stay. They come, hang around for a few days and then go. This is how it goes for me, so I must, in the midst of the pain, persist by speaking the Word. Now, here's the thing, in my resisting with the Word, the headache rarely lifts in the midst, BUT I continue to speak the Word anyway! I have an expectation from God and I know that as I CONTINUE to speak the Word I shall be made whole.

With my experience with migraines, all I want to show is that, you must persist in whatever comes against you. The weapons may form against us but they shall not prosper! They shall not prevail! Just persist! It's all in the mix! Keep speaking the Word no matter what you see, feel or hear and expect God to move on your behalf.

So whatever you may be faced with today, persist in your resisting. Your endurance will pay off in the end. Keep in mind that your problem, pain or perplexity may not end overnight, BUT you give God the glory by continuing to stand on His word and what He has promised. Therefore, persist in the midst! God is with you and He will perfect that which concerns you. Until next time...

Prevailing in Him,


Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It