Voices and Choices

We are living in a world today where we consciously and subconsciously hear voices. The problem lies in whose voice to listen to. Should I listen to my parents or should I listen to my friends telling me to defy my parents? Should I listen to my teachers or should I listen to my friends telling me to play instead of doing my school work? Should I listen to my pastors telling me to obey God and all will go well, or should I listen to my flesh telling me that if I fornicate this one time it will be okay? Whose voice should I listen to? Let's look at what the Word says for the answer.

Jeremiah 38:20 Jeremiah replied, “You won’t be handed over to them if you choose to obey the Lord. Your life will be spared, and all will go well for you.

Jeremiah 39:18 Because you trusted me, I will give you your life as a reward. I will rescue you and keep you safe. I, the Lord, have spoken! ’”

Today as I was reading and spending time with the Lord, the above verses, as well as the Our Daily Bread devotional that I read shared coinciding truths. God spoke to me through these truths, which I will share with you today.

Obedience is a choice. We are all faced with choices with voices telling us which one to obey. The devil is a liar and is good at deceiving God's people. However, the profundity of this consequential statement rings true if adhered to. "If we hold on to God's truth, we won't be trapped by the devil's lies." Also, God always rewards and honors obedience.

The only way to grasp the truth of God's Word is to follow these three principles found in  John 8:30-31, which says,  "As he spake these  words, many believed on him.  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make  you  free."

The three principles are: Be attentive, Be convinced and Be continuous.

As long as you are attentive to God's Word and convinced of its truth, you will be continuous in it. When you continue, you are a proven disciplined learner who has a well instructed intensive deeeeep knowledge of the matter as God sees it. When you know the matter as  God sees it and hold on to it, you CANNOT be trapped in the devil's lies.

Today for you as a child of God, the choice was, is and forever should be the voice of God through a parent, teacher, or pastor. Choose today to obey the voice of God, for as long as you do, it will ALWAYS go well. Until next time...

Prevailing in Him,

Dr. Sheila


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It