Learn To Take A Hit

Luke 17:1 says that it is impossible that offenses should come. Jesus is teaching us that as long as we live in this life, Christian and all, we will offend and be offended. Unfortunately, the nature of offense is that it typically hurts the one that is offended. Many times this results in broken families, friendships and fellowship with the Lord.

It is important to remember that we must learn to take a hit. In sports, many athletes play with bumps, bruises and even broken bones for the sake of the game. Christians however, tend to sit soak and sour when hurt or offended. I remember being deeply hurt when I first got saved. It caused me to leave the church that I was attending and relocate back to my home town, yet, I DID NOT leave God. From there, my life consisted of several hurts and disappointments at the hands of other believers, but I never left God.

As I was reflecting on this, I saw how God used these experiences to strengthen me and develop in me a heart that forgives. Religious people have a hard time forgiving because they never learned the value of relationship; especially relationship without the Lord Jesus Christ.

Keep in this in mind the next time someone hurts you. Could it be that God allowed that to happen to build character in you? Don't be so quick to pass judgement on the one who hurt you. Talk to the Lord about it and let Him heal your heart, thus creating in you a heart that forgives. You will never learn to take a hit until you take a hit. So, trust God through the situation and know that He is working it out for your good.

It's All About Him,

Pastor Sheila

Comments

  1. What an awesome reminder that forgiveness is a character builder. God wants to use us and take us higher in Him but if we never take a hit, we can never go to the next level in God. I loved the part about allowing God to heal your heart in order to create a heart that forgives.

    Min. Sommerville

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It