Stay In Your Lane

Have you ever watched a track meet and one of the runners crossed over into his or her opponents lane? Most of the time, if not all the time, because of the crossing over, someone gets hurt or doesn't finish the race. When I think of this in terms of a believer's walk with the Lord, the implications are clear. Stay in your lane to avoid problems and pitfalls.

God has created each and everyone of us with a specific purpose (or lane) that we are to function in. Romans 12:4-6 says, "For as we have many members in one body , and all members have not the same office: So we , being many , are one body in Christ , and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us , whether prophecy , let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith." In other words everyone in the body has different gifts that we are to function in the capacity that God has given us to function.

This is a powerful truth and frees us all up from coveting someone else's gift. God showed me this the other day when the fifth book that I wrote, Treat Him Like a King, came in the mail. It was during my devotion time and I was listening to the new William McDowell Arise cd that God showed me a track with many lanes. I saw people in those lanes holding signs representing the gift that was on their life. I began to rejoice because though I love to sing and worship, I don't have to covet William McDowell's gift. He is a worship leader. I am a preacher. He has his lane. I have mine.

I pray that those struggling with their lane would embrace the gift that God has placed within them. This is for the greater benefit of the individual and the Kingdom. After all, that's what it's all about anyway right? It's all about the Lord Jesus Christ and His Kingdom purposes being established in the earth in, through and by His people.

Therefore, let this inspire you to stay in your lane. It is a wonderful place to be where God has created you to be. Ask Him for the grace to discover, develop and walk in dominion in the area He has given you. Let this drive you to run your race of life with endurance purposing not to cross over into someone else's lane. It's not worth the injury to you or your fellow co-laborer in the gospel.

Until next time, remember as always, it's all about Him!

Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven in 2011,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It