A Time for Everything

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

This verse of scripture came to mind as I was seeking the Lord for what to share for my final blog of 2011. I thought of many other things, but as I read this verse in regards to the close of the year, it was quite appropriate.

The close of the year signifies transition. It's like the close of a chapter of a great novel; the previous chapter ended and it is now time to transition into what is to come in the next chapter. This is where we are now. 2011 has come to a close and it is time to turn the page into 2012.

For some, this creates a great sense of relief because of the hardships and challenges of the previous year. Finally, a fresh start. For some, the close of the year and beginning of a new year creates a sense of expectation and anticipation. This is the year for the manifestation of my expectations. For some, it's a time of resolutions. Time to get the weight off, set priorities, develop my relationship with the Lord.

No matter where you find yourself, this truth remains; 2011 is over and 2012 has begun. This is indicative of a season of change. I am grateful for this change because it reminds me that the past is over and my future awaits. What will I do with what is to come? Will I wallow in my past failures or will I worship with an expectation and anticipation of what the Lord has for me in the year to come?

Take a look at the following verse in Philippians for the correct question that we should ask ourselves as we embark upon 2012. Philippians 3:13-14 says, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." This verse clearly encourages us as believers to forget the past (the good, bad and ugly), and "press toward the mark." This pressing is indicative of moving forward toward something. You can never move forward in anything if you wallow in world of what it "coulda, woulda, shoulda been." God clearly tells us to forget all that was and press toward what He has already preordained to come.

I pray that this creates a sense of excitement, expectation and anticipation in your soul. Don't allow the enemy torment you another day over the past. Trust God to enable you to live in the present to prepare you for the future. In 2012, the Kingdom Shall Prevail! He has given us the keys to the kingdom through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord! He has given us the victory to receive as a gift, not something to be achieved! Therefore, rejoice in the Lord! The victory has already been won! You are triumphant and victorious in Him!

So, get ready for what is to come in this season of transition. The way as already been paved. Don't look back. Press forward. Your destiny awaits!

2012 The Kingdom Prevails,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It