Trust In The Lord

The other day while I was praying, the Lord spoke this to my heart, "It all boils down to trust. Will you trust Me to do what I have said in My word? Trust in Me with ALL your heart and lean not to your own understanding. Acknowledge Me in ALL your ways and I will direct your paths says the Lord."

This word just resonated in my spirit as life has been presenting itself unfavorably in a few areas. Then today during my devotion time I was reading an article from a newsletter that our Bishop had written. In this article he was sharing about the Ten Kingdom Keys to Maturity. Key number 2 is The Ability to Trust God When Things Go Wrong. This is what he stated about this key: "Trust in God when things go wrong, when people disappoint you, when you are mystified and don't know why things are happening to you." As I read this, I knew God was speaking to my heart to trust Him when I don't know why things are going the way they are going.

One of the scripture references for this key was Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. I also want you to look at Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Notice that both of these verses reference the Lord as the one in whom our trust is to be placed. Now, I'm sure that you, like myself have put your trust in other people and you have been let down. However, these verses don't tell us to put our trust in other people. We are instructed to put our trust in the Lord. Why? Because He is God, He is faithful and He is in ultimate control. Since He is in ultimate control, you and I can both trust that it's all going to work out for the good.

I do realize that life happens and many times leaves even the strongest believer mystified. Nevertheless, we must fix our eyes upon Jesus. We must concentrate on Him and what He has said in His Word. He is not a man that He should lie; nor the son of man that He should repent. That which He has promised He shall bring to pass. He promised to perfect that which concerns you so no matter what it is, He shall perfect it by making the crooked places straight and the rough places smooth.

Let this bring great consolation and comfort to your soul. As you do, you are teaching and training your soul to trust God. The enemy may blow smoke, but remember the Lord and listen for His voice when in the fog and follow that voice. He will lead you to safety every time which will strengthen your trust in Him.

I pray that these words will be a source of encouragement for you; especially during this holiday season when you may be tempted to trust in what you may be getting instead of in the giver of all things. Remember Joshua 1:8 and meditate on Proverbs 3:5. As you do, you will be able to say in the midst of any situation, "In Thee O Lord, I put my trust."

Understanding the Kingdom of Heaven in 2011,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It