Copy Cat

You are such a copy cat! I am sure you have heard that phrase and know that it is one of annoyance because it is describing one who is copying or mimicking the actions of another. However, I must confess, though a bit reluctantly because of its negative connotations, that I am a copy cat!

As I was sitting and thinking of some things, I saw myself sprinting, dancing and doing squats. When I ran track, they showed me what to do and I copied it. When I first got into Zumba, I would intently watch the instructor and dance the moves just like she did. With doing squats,  I was shown the correct way to do it, and copied it. More importantly, since I have been serving the Lord, by His grace, whatever I read in His Word, I copy! This makes me a copy cat!

This is a good thing when you look at it in line with scripture. 1 Corinthians 11:1 says, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."  Ephesians 5:1 says, "Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children." The word 'followers' in both of this verses is the same Greek word which is mimētḗs, from which we get the English word mimic which means to imitate or copy. So Paul was instructing the church at Corinth to copy his actions as he copied the actions of Christ. He told the Ephesians to copy or mimic the actions of God the way a child would copy the actions of a parent.

Even though you can now set aside the negative connotations regarding a copy cat, there are negative consequences awaiting every believer who does not become one! If you don't follow one who is following Christ, many times you will fall into deception because you are left to your own devices. If a Christian doesn't to mimic the will, way and Word of God, they will mimic the will, way and work of the devil. Then you, along with others wonder, Who is your Daddy?

Unfortunately the carnal mind has a problem mimicking the actions of another man. They don't want to be called a flunky or a brown noser. Yet, Jesus only did what the Father told Him and the Holy Spirit instructed Paul to tell the church to follow Him as He followed Christ. We, therefore must learn to follow God as well as follow one who is following God.

As you can now see, being a copy cat isn't a bad thing when you purpose, to copy the will, way and work of God with precision. Read and study the Bible and practice doing exactly what is says to a "T."  This is what the Word of God is conveying in Joshua 1:8, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make -- thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." So today, when you are in the mirror of God's Word purpose to do what you see and you will be a copy cat of God's Word and have good success.

Love, peace and blessings,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It