Stronger By Struggles


I was watching a nature show with my family, and we were all quite intrigued. In one particular segment, there were some wolves chasing down a herd of bison trying to get the baby bison for some lunch meat. Those wolves were relentless in their chase. The kept running and chasing until finally, they got a calf and its mother disconnected from the herd.

The calf was petrified as the mother tried to ward off the three wolves. The wolves intensified their attack, nipping at its heels, hoping to get the calf for their meal. Suddenly, the young calf kicked one of the wolves in the head. Ouch! It sent the wolf reeling and gave the mother and her calf a chance to run and catch up with the rest of the herd.

When the calf kicked the wolf, the commentator said that the calf had to learn to fight or die. The mother bison could only do so much and knew that the calf had to fight too. This was a part of its training and if the young calf made it through, the struggle of the fight with the wolf would make it stronger. I'm sure that little guy was feeling pretty jubilant as he ran with its mother from that fight.

Stronger by struggles; what a concept! This holds true for believers as well. Paul spoke of a particular thorn in the flesh, or struggle, that he was having. He pleaded with the Lord three times to have it removed. This was the Lord's response found in 2 Corinthians 12:9. "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." This enabled Paul to say, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

What struggle are you facing today that you are trying to get out of or wish you were not in? Well, you are not going to get out of it until you learn to fight! You have to kick the devil quick and hard with the Word of God to let Him know you are not going down! Resist him with some, "it is written's," and watch him flee! He can't stand it when you tell him that no weapon that he forms against you will prosper! He hates it when you say, I am strong in the Lord. I have the victory! God is for me! Jesus IS my healer!

You are more than a conqueror because Jesus has already given you the victory. So, don't have a defeatist mentality and give up! No! God is trying to teach you to fight so that you learn that your struggle has come to make you stronger. Don't buckle under the pressure. Speak the Word only and let the Word work! The weapons of your warfare are not carnal. They are MIGHTY in God and can tear down any stronghold! Shout for the victory and remember you are made stronger by your struggles!

Love, peace and blessings,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It