F.A.T. or F.I.T.?


Praise the Lord! What an exciting time to be in the Kingdom! It shall be seen and I truly have an expectation of a manifestation of love, peace and blessing from the Lord. I know I shall receive it as I continue to love Him, trust Him and walk in obedience to His will work and way for my life. I pray this too is your testimony and confession. Glory!

Currently I am preparing to get my Group Exercise Certification. One of the things that I read, which I already knew, was that regular movement prevents weight gain, and overall improves general health and well being. Non-movement conversely, aids and abets in weight gain. This is no deep profound truth, but all of us are acutely aware that if we continue to eat and not burn off what we are eating, we gain many unwanted pounds. This, my friends is just a fact of life!

The Bible declares in Hosea 14:9 in the New Living Translation, "Let those who are wise understand these things. Let those with discernment listen carefully. The paths of the Lord are true and right, and righteous people live by walking in them. But in those paths sinners stumble and fall." This verse teaches many truths, but one thing is clear, righteous people live by walking in (or putting into action) the truth of God's Word. This is great news, because as long as we actively live by God's Word we will not become F.A.T.!

Now, don't get mad at me! I am not calling anyone F.A.T. However, we all understand that weight gain is always indicative of eating more and moving less. The same applies spiritually. If we don't live by the truth we know we will be F.A.T. - False Advertisers of Truth. F.A.T. Christians are the ones who come to church on Sunday, but live any old kind of way Monday through Saturday. Sad to say, F.A.T. Christians know the Word, but don't live the Word they know. F.A.T. Christians are deceived because they hear the Word but don't obey the Word they hear. F.A.T. Christians are not only deceived, but they deceive others because they display that you can be a Christian and still...

I released this in our Church on Sunday, and I could feel the air being sucked out of the room as I was talking about this touchy subject. Nevertheless, it presents a bold truth confronting the hearer with a choice. Will I be F.A.T. or F.I.T. - Faithful In Training.

I decided long ago that I would be F.I.T. I challenge you to do the same. Let me leave you with this verse to help you remain F.I.T. 1 Corinthians 9:27 NLT "Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

Let this verse get down in your spirit and decide by the grace of God not to be a F.A.T. Christian. Remain F.I.T. and you shall receive your reward now and in the life to come.

Love, peace and blessing,

Dr. Sheila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consider the Consequences

P - P.R.E.S.S.

Expect God To Do It